If you have ever tried to open a TIF file on your android phone, you may have been disappointed to find that there is no native way to do so. However, there are a few ways to get around this limitation and view TIF files on your android phone.
In this blog post, we will show you how to open TIF files on android using different methods. So whether you are an avid photographer looking to edit your TIF files on the go, or simply need to view a file that someone sent you, we have you covered.
Let’s get started!
What is a TIF (.tif) file?
A TIF (.tif) file is an image file format used for storing high-quality images. TIF files are often used by photographers and graphic designers for storing images in a lossless format.
Android does not have built-in support for opening TIF files. However, there are several apps available on the Google Play Store that can open TIF files. We recommend using one of the following apps:
2. XnView MP
3. File Viewer for Android
To open a TIF file using QuickPic, launch the app and tap the “+” icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen. From the resulting menu, select the “TIF” option. This will open the TIF file in QuickPic.
To open a TIF file using XnView MP, launch the app and tap the “Open File” button in the bottom-left corner of the screen. From the resulting menu, select the “TIF” option. This will open the TIF file in XnView MP.
To open a TIF file using File Viewer for Android, launch the app and tap the “Browse” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. From the resulting menu, select the “TIF” option. This will open the TIF file in File Viewer for Android. So, that clarifies what is a TIF (.tif) file.
What is the difference between TIFF and TIF?
TIFF and TIF are both file formats for storing images. The main difference between TIFF and TIF is that TIFF is a lossless format while TIF is a lossy format. Lossless means that no data is lost when the file is compressed while lossy means that some data is lost. Because of this, TIFF files are typically larger than TIF files.
How do I open TIF files on Android?
- After launching the app you downloaded to view TIF files, locate the file by tapping “Open File.”
- The TIF file is located in the C: drive’s Pictures folder.
- Locate the TIF file on the files list and tap to open it. The TIF file contains images of a building.
- To view a TIF file, tap the “Select” button.
Open TIF file using Multi-TIFF Viewer Free on Android.
Multitif Viewer Free is an app for viewing TIFF files that can be helpful when opening these files. It is one of the recommended apps to open TIF files, so follow the steps below to use it.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device, if it isn’t already there. If it is, look in the list of apps in the apps drawer.
- In the search toolbox, enter “multi-tiff viewer free” and then press the search button. Click on Multi-TIFF Viewer Free, which is shown as the top search result app on the internet.
- Install the app now by selecting the Install
- The app icon after a successful installation is three blue-backed picture icons. To open, tap on it.
- Next, hit the Open File icon that is located in the middle of the screen. It will travel to the internal storage area of your device.
- Locate your TIF file and tap it to choose it.
- The TIFF (or.tif) file can then be viewed by selecting the SELECT option.
TIF imaging software is not good for making changes to the images.
Open TIF file using File Viewer for Android.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device. If it’s not already open, look in the list of apps in the apps drawer.
- In the search toolbox, enter “file viewer for Android” and then choose “Search.” Select the app at the top of the search results list, File Viewer for Android by Sharpened Productions.
- If it asks for your permission to install the program, click the Install button and grant it everything.
- The program icon after successful installation looks like a white paper that has been folded on one side. To open, tap on it.
- Click the Continue button now.
- You have two alternatives for moving on here (Remove Ads Now and Continue With Ads); select the one that best suits your preferences. If you select the “Remove Ads Now” option, you must pay $0.99 for an annual membership, and the app’s screen is free of advertisements. You will see some advertisements on the app’s screen if you select the “Continue With Ads” option. In this case, we select “Continue With Ads.”
- The OK button Click Upgrade, followed by Remove Advertisements, if you would want to remove ads later.
- To proceed, choose the storage (Device Storage).
- Go ahead and touch on the.tiff (or.tif) file you wish to open.
This app is not designed to be used for editing your TIF files.
How to open TIF files with CorelDRAW
Follow the below-given steps to open TIF files with the CorelDRAW application:
- Open the CorelDRAW program on your computer.
- Select the Open menu by clicking the File button.
- Locate the TIF file you wish to open now.
- Choose the File (s)
- Your chosen TIF file opens, allowing you to alter and save it once more.
Steps to edit TIF files on Android?
If you want to edit TIF files on your Android device, we recommend using the Adobe Photoshop Express app. It’s a free app with some in-app purchases, and it’s one of the most popular image editing apps available.
Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and search for “Adobe Photoshop Express.”
Choose Install and then accept the permissions that it asks for.
Launch the app and tap Sign In (if you have an Adobe ID) or Continue without an Adobe ID.
Next, tap the “+” icon in the middle of the screen to open a new file.
Locate your TIF file and select it to open it in the app.
To edit the image, use the various tools located at the bottom of the screen.
When you’re finished, tap the checkmark in the upper-right corner to save your changes.
If you want to share the edited image, tap the Share icon in the upper-left corner and choose your preferred method.
How to convert TIF file to PDF on Windows 10?
If you have a standard image editor application on your personal computer that supports TIF files, you can open a TIF file on that application and save it in a different format, like PNG, JPEG, PDF, etc.
Convert a TIF File to PNG on Windows 10
To open your TIF file in a program that can save as JPEG or PNG images, open the file using any standard image viewer and editor program. Some programs, such as Adobe Photoshop and CorelDRAW, support TIF files natively.
To save an image in a PNG format, click on the File menu and choose Save as. Then, select any one of the image formats in which you want to save.
Convert TIF File to PDF on Windows 10
Windows 10 offers a built-in feature termed as Microsoft Print to PDF. It helps Windows 10 users to print any document (which supports it), including a TIF file, directly to PDF file. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
Method 1: Using Photo application
Step 1: To convert a TIF file into a PDF, open the file in the Photo app and use the “Ctrl + P” key combination or click on the print icon at the top-right.
Step 2: A printing pop-up window appears to print the TIF file. At the “Printer” option, select Microsoft Print to PDF from the dropdown list. You can also customize the page layout and quality of your converted PDF file. When everything is set up as you want, click on the Print button.
Step 3: Finally, select the location where you want to save your TIF image file. Click on the “Save” button and it will create a new PDF document of your TIF image.
Method 2: Using TIFF to PDF online converter
There are numerous TIFF to PDF converters available online, such as the tiff2pdf.com website.
Step 1: To create a PDF from your images, launch your web browser and visit the “tiff2pdf.com” website. Click on the UPLOAD FILES button to upload your images and start creating your PDF.
Step 2: If your TIFF files are uploaded successfully to the server, you can click on the “Combined” button below each uploaded file to convert them into a PDF file.
What benefits can TIFF files offer?
The main advantage of a TIF file is its ability to store image data without losing quality. When an image is saved in TIF format, it retains all of its original detail and can be edited without damaging the quality of the image. In addition, TIF files are much larger than JPEGs, so they are not ideal for use on websites or sending via email. However, they are perfect for storing images that will be printed or used in other high-quality applications.
F.A.Q How to open TIF files on android?
Can phones open TIF files?
TIFFs, tagged image files, are complex image files that can only be edited with specific programs like Adobe Photoshop. However, you can view these files for free with apps like Multi-TIFF Viewer Free and File Viewer for Android.
What is TIF in Android?
The Android TV Input Framework simplifies the delivery of live content to Android TV. The framework provides a standard API for manufacturers to create input modules for controlling Android TV, and enables live TV search and recommendations via metadata published by the television provider.
Can Chrome open TIFF files?
Chrome normally cannot load TIFF images, but you can view them by using the software extension and choosing the TIFF file you wish to load. Note that this extension is not made by Google and is made by an independent development team.
Can’t open a TIF file?
Why can’t I open Tiff files in Windows viewer?
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click the Set your default programs option.
- In the left column, select a listed program that you want to change its default file associations for.
Although there are a few ways to open TIF files on android, we recommend using an app called Documents by Readdle. Documents is a versatile and user-friendly app that can handle many different types of files, including TIFs. If you don’t have Documents installed on your device, we suggest downloading it from the Google Play Store.
Once you have the app downloaded and installed, follow these simple steps to open your TIF file: 1) launch Documents and tap on the “+” button in the top left corner of the screen; 2) select “File Upload”; 3) locate and select your TIF file; 4) tap on the blue checkmark in the top right corner
You might be care about this topic, visit us on androidgalaxys.net to get more information.
Thank you for your reading!